4th Annual Africa Iron Ore Conference
3 - 4 June 2014 | Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel Sandton Johannesburg
IMM Events are pleased to announce the dates for our 4th annual Africa Iron Ore conference that will be held on the 3rd and 4th June 2014 at the Radisson Blu in Johannesburg.
Africa Iron Ore complements our successful iron ore portfolio which includes the Global Iron Ore & Steel event in Perth, the EU Iron Ore event in Berlin, London, Stockholm and Paris, and the Americas Iron Ore event in Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte.
The African iron ore market has seen an increasing interest in the past few years with several international mining companies and juniors actively exploring in the African continent’s untapped sources of iron ore; new deposits have been discovered and new production shipped to supply the demand coming from fast-growing economies. Africa’s role in the future of the global iron ore industry is becoming a reality, however not without challenges that the 4th Africa Iron Ore conference will discuss and address.
This year’s event follows the success of our previous conferences that are quickly becoming the regular annual gathering for iron ore and stainless steel executives engaged in the African Region.
- JP Oosthuizen, Integration Manager Congo Iron Ore, Exxaro Resources Limited
- Giulio Casello, Managing Director & CEO, Sundance Resources Ltd
- Alan Sproule, Director, Project Finance - Infrastructure, Africa, Standard Chartered Bank
- Serafino Capoferri, Consultant, CRU Analysis United Kingdom
- Angus Paterson, Paterson & Cooke Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
- Ben James, Managing Director, Baobab Resources plc & Capitol Resources lda
- Prof Nicolas J Beukes, Department of Geology, University of Johannesburg
- Hassan Ali Haweel, Geological Manager, Libyan Iron and Steel Company
- Fortune Mojapelo, Chief Executive Officer, Bushveld Resources
- Socrates Vasiliades, Chief Executive Officer, Core Mining
- Neil Gardyne, Director, New Africa Mining Fund
- Roger Baxter, Chief Operating Officer, Chamber of Mines of South Africa
- Dr Luke Longridge, Exploration Manager, VM Investment Company
- Matthias Reisinger, Mineral Processing Consultant - Mining & Raw Materials and Dr Mike Smith, Mineral Processing Consultant, Tata Steel Consulting, United Kingdom
- Ian Ives, Director - Transhipping Operations, CSL Australia Ltd
See who attends and join them!
"I gained new insights about iron ore in Africa" - T. Bingudza, Anglo American
"Papers were of a very high standard"- H.C. Swart, Sandvik Materials Handling
"A very good and informative conference" - T. Mkatshana, ArcelorMittal
"I hope that this can become an annual event" - G. Butler, African Rainbow Minerals