Kalimantan Coal Conference
2 - 3 September 2014 | Novotel Hotel, Balikpapan, Indonesia
Kalimantan Coal Market Dynamics - Maximising the operational and commercial opportunities.
This 3rd annual event will bring together 120+ senior executives, and decision makers from government, mining, infrastructure, shipping and supply sectors to discuss new policies and strategies for tackling the current and emerging issues within the burgeoning Kalimantan coal sector.
Kalimantan is Indonesia's largest coal producing region, producing over 93% of Indonesias thermal coal production in 2011. East Kalimantan is the second largest Indonesian province, located on the Kalimantan region on the east of Borneo island. The resource-rich province has two major cities, Samarinda (the capital and a centre for timber product) and Balikpapan (a petroleum centre with oil refinery). East Kalimantan's economy heavily depends on earth resources such as oilfield exploration, natural gas, as well as coal and gold mining.
Kalimantan Coal 2014 will provide a comprehensive guide to the Kalimantan Coal Markets - The conference will:
- Provide a global outlook and discuss coal pricing and export outlook for Kalimantan
- Highlight the current coal projects in Kalimantan
- Regulatory and Policy issues - Royalty, export tax and trade licences
- Address efficient mining practices
- Discuss mining supply chain challenges - port and logistics issues
- Capital raising in the current climate, particularly alternative sources of funding
The outstanding speaker faculty includes:
> Dr. R. Sukhyar, General Director of Mineral and Coal, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the Republic of Indonesia
> Sugiyardi, Vice General Secretary, Association of Energy Suppliers and Coal Indonesia (Aspebindo)
> Harry Asmar, President Director, PT Reswara Minergi Hartama
> Sean Pellow, Senior Vice President and Director of Operations, PT Indo Tambangraya Megah Tbk
> Ramli Ahmad, Managing Director, PT Asia Pacific Mining Resources
> Bacha Prasad, Coal Mine Operator – AVP Mines, PT Hardeo Mines
> Bram Surjadi, Marketing Manager, PT Indonesia Bulk Terminal - member of Adaro Energy TBK
> Dr Bodo Goerlich, President & Chief Executive Officer, STEAG State Power Inc.
> Prashant Goyal, Procurement Director, OPG Power
> Abu Bakar Mail, Assistant Vice President - Technical and Power, Malakoff (Tanjung Bin Energy)
> Duncan Buchanan, General Manager - Operations and Technical, PT Bayan Resources
> Gede Nugrah Ambara, Business Process Improvement Department Manager, PT Kaltim Prima Coal
> Armindo Gomes, Senior Vice President - Marine, Adani Global
> Bharath, General Manager Corporate Planning and Strategy, Archean Indonesia
> Helmi Najamuddin, Head of Coal Division, PT PLN
Although the coal industry will "remain frail for some time to come, long-term prospects are still strong" (Indonesian Investments, 2014).
What past attendees have said about Kalimantan Coal conference:
- "Provided a good understanding of coal mining operations in Kalimantan. A good platform to meet people in this industry. Good conference at the right venue" Senior Vice President, Tuas Power Ltd
- "Conference was well attended by forward thinking participants from all sectors of the coal industry" Director, Arthur Mas Indonesia
- "Discusses practical issues with coal mining companies - Good speakers and quality of presentations are high, will attend next year" Mechanical Engineer, COMO Engineering